Jumat, 26 April 2013

Shodou : Japanese Calligraphy

It's weekend already! don't you all love weekend? I bet you do <3

Today is really sunny Friday, isn’t it? It hasn’t been raining for three days, even though the drizzle came down in a while sometimes. I miss the rain, and I miss my home’s atmosphere with hot tea and fried banana made by mom. I got bored with my daily activities. But I have to be aware that I also have a pile of tasks. I miss the warmth of my family, but I’m sure everyone at home miss me it’s just they’d rather have me stay here to achieve a dream. 

Instead of mourning all day long, let me share the experience I had during public lecture by a Japanese professor.  Let’s start shall we :))

The lecture held by students and lecturers from Aichiken University, Japan. It was held for 2 weeks at the beginning of the 5th term. I was so excited when I heard the announcement for this lecture. Although my holiday was cut by the lecture but nevertheless it became wonderfully unforgettable days. I will never regret joined the class. Why? Aside from the meeting with handsome Japanese, I learnt Japanese culture and language. The one I would like to tell you is when I was practicing shodou 書道. That was my first time doing shodou and I was so excited. I chose the kanji YUME which mean DREAM, because to me beside from the nice shape of the kanji , almost every achievement began from dream. There was professor Miyatani who is a strict but kind and patient figure. She taught me how to use paint brush properly. After the 10th try I got my letter right. Honestly shodou is definitely not easy and require a special training. I’m so lucky to have the chance to try it. Someday I’ll get myself practicing the shodou again. 

me with my own made shodou

me with Professor Miyatani :)

me with Toru-san :3

Professor miyatani also gave me a kind of memento in form of her self made shodou writing, which is also the kanji Yume. I framed it and put it in my room. I felt so lucky and I hope I’ll be as successful as Professor Miyatani. God bless ^.^

shodou : yume = dream


*** 
Shodou derived from the Kanji kaku (to write) and michi (the way). Shodou made it's way back from the 6th century along with Kanji writing from China. The unique style of shodou begin to appeared as the Japanese invented  Hiragana and Katakana (kana) as their own unique writing. 

*Kanji is one way of Japanese to write things.

Hey, it is late already and my eyes start to drowsy. I will write about shodou again for other time :))



書道を習うのは楽しい
( Learning calligraphy is fun )




2 komentar:

  1. wow.. the vocabulary variation is really nice, that is the strongest point about your writing. I can't complain about anything because every element of the writing can blend perfectly into an excellent personal blog story. keep writing dear... :)

    BalasHapus
  2. Thanks for reading, dear :) Please let me know if you have critics to tell me, so I can write better :)

    BalasHapus